Banks Township Board Meeting
Friday, September 13, 2019
- The meeting was called to order at 4:00 P.M. by Supervisor Thomas Mann. Present were Supervisor Mann, Clerk Donna Heeres, Treasurer Katy Postmus, and Trustee David Rasmussen. Absent Trustee Tom Cooper. Also present: Attorney Peter Wendling, Erin Heeres, Brandie Heeres.
- Purpose: The advertised purpose of the meeting was discussion of a zoning matter and to review an attorney/client privileged memo from the township attorney. A closed session pursuant to MCL 15.268(h) may be part of this meeting.
- Public Comment: Erin Heeres stated she is present today to answer any questions the Board may have.
- Motion to go into closed session: MOTION was made by Mann, seconded by Postmus, to go into closed session pursuant to Section 8(h) of the Open Meetings Act, being MCL 15.268(h), to consider the written letter from our attorney dated September 11, 2019, wich is exempt from disclosure by Section 13(1)(g) of the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, being MCL 15.243(1)(g), since this letter is subject to the attorney-client privilege. ROLL CALL VOTE: Rasmussen: Yes; Heeres: Yes; Mann: Yes; Postmus: Yes. Absent: Cooper. MOTION CARRIED.
- The meeting was recessed at 4:04 P.M.
- The meeting reconvened at 5:04 P.M.
- Public Comment: There was none.
- MOTION to adjourn was made by Heeres, seconded by Mann. MOTION CARRIED.
- The meeting was adjourned at 5:05 PM.
- Erin Heeres returned to the meeting room immediately following adjournment.
Donna L. Heeres, Banks Township Clerk