Banks Township Planning Commission
Regular Meeting Minutes
January 8, 2019
- Call to Order: by chairman Miles at 6:00 p.m.
- Roll/ Recognition of visitors:
- Present: Don Miles, Bill Austin, tom Cooper Joni Wieland
- Absent: Rick Diebold
- Also present: Irene Shooks, Dave Muladore, Julie Waterman, Claire Karner by “go-to-meeting”
- Approval of Minutes: December 11, 2018 Meeting MMS by Cooper, Wieland to approve minutes as presented. MC
- Public Hearing: None
- Public comment: none
- Response and comment from commissioners:
- Zoning Board of Appeals: None
- Zoning Administrator: Dave M. I answered a blight complaint. I called the owner, and he asked if could take care of it by spring. He was granted that. Planning Comm’n suggested that fire dept might like training for disposal of the structure. I called Bob Slaski, but had no answer, finalization will stay as is.
- Township Board representative: Tom C. reviewed minutes of the Board Mtg. Township Cleanup will be May 11.
- Planning Consultant: Claire K. no update, flyer on meeting next week Wednesday.
- Old Business:
- Police Power Ordinance – Short Term Rentals – Public Hearing date will be Jan 28
- Zoning Ordinance Proposal to accompany STR PPO. PH date will be Jan 28
- Accessory Buildings – Zoning Ordinance proposal discussion: we will continue to work on the language, looking toward a Public Hearing later this spring. Claire has instructions on what changes we want.
- New Business/ announcements/correspondence:
- Master Plan Discussion: Claire answered questions from the commissioners, explained some parts, and encouraged all to read through it carefully. The commission is gearing for a joint meeting with the board in April
- 2019 Planning Commission meetings for 1st Quarter: Because of conflicts, February and March meetings will be cancelled.
- Public comment
- Next Meeting: April 9, 2019
- Adjournment: MMS by Bill Austin, Joni Wieland to adjourn. MC
Joni Wieland, Sec’y Irene Shooks, rec/sec