Banks Township Board Meeting
Thursday May 4, 2017
- The meeting was called to order at 6 P.M. by Supervisor Thomas Mann. Present were Supervisor Mann, Clerk Donna Heeres, Treasurer Katy Postmus, Trustee Tom Cooper and Trustee David Rasmussen. Also Supervisor Mann led the Pledge of Allegiance and gave the Invocation.
- Public Comment: There was no public comment.
- The purpose of the meeting was to review and approve a proposal from DC Byers Company to apply sealant to the exterior of the building after completion of tuck point repairs.
- Rasmussen informed the Board of areas that he was concerned about and it was agreed he would contact the supervisor of the project directly with photos and a phone call. Discussion of need for paint and gutters now that the tuck points are nearly completed.
- MOTION by Rasmussen, seconded by Mann, to approve the proposal from DC Byers Company for $6450 for application of sealant at 200 sq ft per gallon. Roll Call Vote: Postmus: Yes; Cooper: Yes; Mann: Yes; Heeres: Yes; Rasmussen: Yes. MOTION CARRIED.
- Cemeteries: Discussion was held on need for weed & feed at the cemeteries.
- Clean Up Day: Kevin Russell of Preferred Waste 2 will hire two additional employees to help as some of the regulars will be missing. Our bill for trash will reflect this additional cost.
- Park Project: Katy met with C2AE engineer Kevin and MDC engineer on site on May 1. Planting of beach grass to take place on May 8.
- The meeting was adjourned at 6:52 P.M.
Donna L. Heeres, Banks Township Clerk